Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Molding me in His image

So first I have to admit that I have been majorly lagging on the blogging but for good reason. January has most definitely been a trying month for me but one filled with many blessings as well. I feel like I have been learning a lot spiritually and for that I am thankful. No matter what the Lord throws in my direction, I can never complain when I end up growing from it. January started off with a health scare that almost sent me to the emergency room. I probably should have gone rather than endure what I did, but there goes that stubbornness in me again. In the end, everything turned out ok. A few days later, I began school. Unfortunately, I underestimated the difficulty of online classes, and since then, I have been dedicating hours upon hours with my nose stuck in my textbooks. I don't think I have been in school long enough to critique online learning, but as of right now, I have mixed feelings. While taking 16 units, I have also been working full time. Which in the end has turned out to be a disaster. My last day at work will be Wednesday and I am very at peace with my decision. I was very unhappy at my job, and was forced to deal with difficult co-workers which was draining me emotionally. Last week, Jarrett finally put his foot down and requested I leave my job. He was tired of seeing me unhappy over something that was not necessary. I am so thankful that I have a husband that supports me and feels like I am contributing even when I am not bringing a paycheck home. Also on Saturday, Jarrett left for a conference in the States. Being alone here in Guam is definitely a new experience, and one I'm not so sure I'm fond of. I don't feel particularly safe in my house without my husband. But I guess that is what music and the tv is for because that way I can't hear all the creepy noises.

But even though this month has had its fair share of lows, they were all erased last night when I received a phone call that I have waited for for 3 years now. When I saw her cell phone number pop up on mine late last night, my heart skipped a beat and I knew deep in my gut. The time had finally arrived; God has answered our prayers! Tonight at 7 pm eastern time, Katie K went in for her liver and kidney transplants, and I am so overjoyed that her life is dramatically changing for the better. My heart has felt broken today though because I can't be by her side. But after talking to her, I know she knows that I love her and would love more than anything to be with her during this life altering moment. Please continue to keep her in your prayers as she will need them through this long recovery.

So all in all, I feel like I have been tried and tested but also blessed in ways I can't describe. It has been a painful, emotional month but also one I probably won't ever forget. For the good reasons, rather than the bad.

1 comments:

Mama Mote said...

I've missed your blogs, but fully understand. Priorities. But I'm glad to see things are getting better. So, leaving your job. Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully, if you're continuing, you can concentrate on your schooling now. And I'm so glad to hear about your friend Katie. Hoping to hear good news regarding the transplant and her recovery. Will keep her in prayer. And I will continue to keep you in prayer. love and hugs