Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

First post of 2010!

Well not a whole lot has been going on around here! We are finally getting back to our routine after a wonderful holiday. Jarrett had almost 2 weeks off of work and my boss gifted me with a few days off and it was so nice to be able to sleep in and wake up next to Jarrett for a few days. That NEVER happens! We managed to make it to the beach, do a lot of reading, see some movies, and just relax! It was wonderful! Jarrett went back to work last week and will be starting school next Monday. I'm back at work as well and will be starting school tomorrow! I'm so excited/ anxious. I've never worked full time and gone to school full time at the same time so this should be interesting!

Well we have been in Guam now for almost five months. I can't believe how fast it has flown by. That means only five more months until I get to see my wonderful family and in-laws, my little Olive, and the beautiful Central Coast. Over the past five months, I feel like I have matured more than I ever have. I thought that the day I got married, I would feel like a new mature woman/ wife. But it didn't happen right away. I guess living not far from family, I still felt like a young woman that was living on her own but not quite. I really don't know how to describe it. I was a wife but I still felt so young. Probably because I was still a teenager even though I was a wife too. But now that I'm a few years older and living so far from family, I feel like Jarrett and I really have become our own little family. I still call my parents almost every other day, but I feel like I am more equipped to walk through this life without the constant help and guidance of my parents. Moving somewhere so different and away from anyone or anything i knew spurred this new maturity on. I was forced to figure things out on my own. My parents couldn't tell me where to go get my oil changed, or how to get to this place or that. I have to say that I have enjoyed figuring things out on my own. I feel so proud when I am able to do something all by myself! Along with this maturity, I think I am focusing a lot more on being a more mature wife. One big change I have made is the effort I put forth into maintaining a clean home. I love seeing my husband smile and give me a big hug when he comes home to a clean house. I didn't really care about this a few years ago. I HATE cleaning and for a while, I would leave a lot of the cleaning to Jarrett. But I love a clean home and know now that it takes effort from both sides to keep a house clean. I can't say I like cleaning now, but I enjoy doing it because it makes my husband happy that I am contributing and I feel proud when I sit down and see the results of my hard work! This may seem minor to some of you but trust me, this is a huge accomplishment for me!

Anyways, this has been a really random post. Oh another thing I started on the first of the year is I joined a group/ blog called 365truth. The goal is to read the entire Bible in one year. A part of my faith that I lack in is getting into the Word. I'm hoping that by joining this group, I will be help accountable and encouraged by the other members to get into the Word daily. I can't say that I have read every day, but I know that this change won't come overnight. But I'm excited to learn and see where the Lord takes me!

0 comments: