Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Back on the blog train!

Well as you might have noticed, I haven't blogged in well over a year. There is no good reason as to why I stopped blogging other than I just simply lost interest. But I have decided to restart my blog because of some exciting adventures that me and Jarrett are about to embark on. No, I'm not pregnant. I feel this is a great tool to keep friends and family updated, and so here I am!

Back in February, Jarrett had just gotten home from a three week TDY in Mississippi. Once his TDY was over, we began planning for his deployment that was scheduled for June. You would think by now that I would learn that planning of any sort should never be in the same category as the military. I walked through the door after a long day of school and was slightly confused when Jarrett told me to sit down; he had something to tell me. He then preceded to spit out the news that we received orders to move....to Guam. "Guam? By the way, where the heck is Guam?" I answered. For some reason, I always thought Guam was in the Caribean. I was slightly shocked when I learned it was actually south of Japan or north of Australia, however you want to view it. So now, instead of preparing for his deployment, we are preparing for the trek to the little 30 mile long island of Guam.

Now that the shock has subsided, Jarrett and I are excited for the this new adventure...although it is taking me a little longer to get used to the idea. I am sad to leave all the wonderful friends I have made and the university that I have settled in to. I am sad to leave my family, and the beautiful little town of San Luis Obispo. But life is about adventure, and moving to Guam is certainly going to be an adventure if I ever saw one. So please pray us as we prepare and actually make the move in August.

And since all blogs are better with pictures... here is my spoiled baby.

1 comments:

Mama Mote said...

Yay, you're back!!! I'm so glad to see you blogging again. I did the same thing. Just didn't do it for awhile and now I'm doing it, or trying to do it, once a week. You can see what we've been up to with out move to Redondo Beach. So far, so good. I look forward to following your adventures. Love to you both.