Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas time happenings!

So there has been an obvious lack of blog updates but I've been keeping myself busy. I will post lots of pictures so you get a taste of what I've been up to. Jarrett and I went to his squadron's Christmas party a few weeks back. We had a great time and I finally got to meet most of the guys that Jarrett works with everyday.
Last week some friends from Cal Poly and I went to San Francisco for the day. I had such a wonderful time catching up with my lovely friends and getting some good ol' shopping in. San Francisco was absolutely beautiful and Union Square was a sight to be seen with it's humongous Christmas tree and all the surrounding buildings lit up with twinkling Christmas lights. I love my girlfriends and only wish I could see them more often.


On Saturday, Jarrett and I finally got the opportunity to explore little downtown Vacaville. We had lunch at a nice Mexican restaurant and then walked around, although not for long because it was a chilly 29 degrees.



On Sunday, Jarrett and I packed up and drove to Modesto where my aunt livesto spend Christmas. My family drove up and brought along with them their new puppy, Dewey. We spent a lot of time playing with the puppies and just chatting and hanging out. Jarrett got to spend a lot of time with my brothers going to a movie with them, playing monopoly, and golfing. Christmas Eve we went to Church and then enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by my mom. And on Christmas, we woke up early and opened presents and just enjoyed spending time with eachother. Jarrett and I had a wonderful first Christmas as a married couple. Unfortunately, my cousins both had bad colds, and then my family started to come down with something and then this morning I woke up with a bad sore throat. Jarrett's family is coming up for the weekend, so I've spent the day drinking airborne, drinking tea, and just taking it easy with the hope that it will subside by the time the Boyd's arrive. Also on Friday, Leighanne, Paul's wife is leaving California to move back home while Paul is gone on deployment for the next 6 months. Paul leaves on the 2nd. Jarrett and I are both really bummed because the Wheeler's have become good friends and the couple that we spend a lot of our time with. I can't wait for them to be back in 6 months! Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and hopefully a wonderful new years!

0 comments: