Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wonderful Weekend and some news

Well, I'm so sad that I don't have any pictures to post, my camera is dead and I left the charger in SLO. But, my mom is coming up here for my birthday next weekend so she will bring my charger and then I'll be able to post lots of fun pictures! This weekend was a blast and totally refreshing. Jarrett and I decided on Friday to drive down to my cousin's house in Modesto. We left Vacaville at around 6 and drove the hour and a half drive to Modesto. Once we got there we made a bunch of popcorn and sat down and watched "The Princess Bride" with my cousins Nora who is 11 and Emma who is 5. Then, yesterday we went to Emma's soccer game and then went to this huge pumpkin patch. This pumpkin patch wasn't just any pumpkin patch! There was a maze that was in a huge corn field and then a haunted house in the cornfield as well. There were also these huge guns that you could shoot little pumpkins out of to try and hit targets; Jarrett enjoyed that part. Last night, my uncle took Jarrett and me to this wonderful Mexican restaurant. It was great to finally have some good Mexican food because Jarrett and I have searched and failed so far to find that special Mexican restaurant. This morning, my uncle, cousins, and Jarrett and I went to the country club in Modesto for breakfast and then Jarrett and I hit the road and drove back to Vacaville. Now I'm getting some blog updating in while Jarrett is studying.

This past week was a pretty tough one for me. It's my first time living away from home and it's not like going away to college where there are tons of people to meet and hang out with. So I've been pretty homesick since I'm basically by myself from 6 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon. I'm so thankful that I do have Jarrett's friend Paul and his wife here, we have had fun eating dinner together and watching movies. I did drive around Vacaville a bit this week, walked around a Borders Books for about an hour and sat and drank coffee at a Peet's Coffee, which I was very excited to find. This week, I'm hoping to get my license, social security, and military ID and insurance taken care of. I tried to get it done last week but realized that I didn't have my birth certificate on hand, so my mom had to Fed Ex it to me.

I also have some exciting news to share. On Wednesday, Jarrett called me from work informing me that the tasking came down for the deployment and they have decided to only send the primary team. There are two teams with 4 guys on each team, the primary team and the secondary team. Jarrett is on the secondary team. So as of this moment, Jarrett isn't being deployed. This is very exciting news, but I have been very hesitant to tell people because of how back and forth everything has been. If something happens to a guy on the primary team, Jarrett would be the first to be pulled up. And you never know, they could decide to send the secondary team after all. I'm very excited that my husband won't be leaving, but this has also been hard for me because of all the changes that we have had to make, I'm just very interested to know what the Lord's plan is in all of this and I find courage in remembering that His plans are always good, although they may be hard. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out what I am going to do about school and stuff like that, since I was planning on returning to SLO and Cal Poly in the winter.

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well. Please keep Jarrett and me in your prayers.

0 comments: