Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Moved in!

So we have officially moved in to our new apartment in Vacaville, California, which is just a few minutes from base. Our apartment is super cute and I am so excited to make it into a home. We don't have much furniture but we're making it work for now. We packed up our cars yesterday and borrowed a huge truck from Jarrett's uncle and made the 4 1/2 hour drive up here. It was a pretty smooth drive, no traffic but it did start to rain as we got closer to Vacaville. When we arrived, Jarrett and I met with the lady at the apartment and got all of our paperwork filled out and our keys to our place! Then we unloaded the truck and spent the rest of the day putting stuff away and setting up. Moving has got to be one of the biggest pains, but thankfully the Lord was looking down on us and opened the clouds for the hour that we were moving everything from our car, up the stairs and into the apartment. But it was pouring for most of the day. Jarrett and I went to Target and got some stuff we needed and then we went over to Jarrett's friend, Wheelers place. Their apartment is just a few doors down from us, it's so fun! Jarrett had invited Wheeler and his wife Leigh Anne over for dinner so he cooked up some yummy fettucini alfredo, garlic bread, and vegetables. A perfect meal for a very long day! And then we watched Transformers with Wheeler and Leigh Anne on the new tv that Jarrett and I picked out yesterday.
Today, Jarrett and I slept in until about 10:30 which was wonderful, and then went to Costco and got some groceries! And tonight, Jarrett has to go pick up everything from his dorm on base and move it into our apartment. Ahh more stuff to organize! All in all, the past few days have been a dream come true. I married my best friend and we finally get to live in our own little place together. I'm really liking the city of Vacaville so far, pretty much the whole town is new and has all the neccesities such as Costco, Target, and more. Besides the colder weather, it's great! I really want to upload some pictures, but I will do that when we get our official internet set up tomorrow. And also I should go because Jarrett is bossing me around and telling me to have my clothes put away by the time he gets back. Haha, aw the joys of married life. Well I love all of you and miss everyone back in SLO but thank goodness it's only a some what short drive away!

0 comments: