Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Butterflies

Jarrett began the long trip back to Guam around 6am PST. He is expected to arrive in Guam sometime tonight. I don't really count on the time stated on the itinerary because delays are quite common. But I am so excited. Can I just say this has been one of the longest weeks of my life? I know Jarrett wasn't gone for long, we've been separated for longer periods of time, but this time of separation has dragged and dragged. Maybe it's because I stopped working this week, and so most of my time has been spent at home. Maybe it's because this house is about two times bigger than our last house, and therefore feels so much emptier when it's just me. Maybe it's because I still feel like a small fish in a big pond on this island, and it's a lot easier swimming with another fish by my side. Either way, I'm so looking forward to picking up my honey from the airport.

As horrible as it is being separated, I try and look on the upside and think of the things I almost look forward to leading up to a separation. One thing I do look forward to, and of course I would look forward to this, is being able to eat whatever my heart desires, whenever my heart desires. I LOVE that I can eat grilled cheese and soup for every meal. I LOVE that I can start cooking dinner whenever I want to, even if that means 9pm. And I also LOVE buying whatever the heck I want at the grocery store (usually this involves a lot of pastas and other non-balanced diet items). Notice how a lot of the things I look forward to revolve around food...

Aside from all things food oriented, the main thing that I look forward to is the butterflies that always swirl around in my stomach leading up to his arrival back home. Honestly, I still feel this way with my husband almost on a daily basis, other than the days when he's being a total dweeb. But the butterflies are always intensified tremendously when I haven't seen my husband for any extended length of time. I love how I still feel like I am dating my husband after over 7 years together. Is it weird to say that I look forward to the butterflies that will fill my tummy when he gets home from his deployment? All though they might just be the death of me...

Anyways, being separated is never a fun experience, but at least there are some things to look forward to to help me make it through the day with the glass half full rather than empty.

0 comments: